Sunday, July 31, 2011

35th Milo Marathon - Manila Eliminations

July 31, 2011 - SM Mall of Asia

What can I say, Milo is very dear to me as I grew up drinking this chocolate drink. When we were kids, me and my sisters would drink it all up in then turn our glasses upside down as we shout, "All the way down!". 


When I started running back in 2003-2005, most of my runs were with Milo. And then when I made a comeback last December 2010, after a few years of sedentary living, it was still Milo that I chose to be my comeback run.   



I woke up at 4am this morning and it was raining outside. I was hoping it would stop when the race starts at 5:30am but it didn't let up. 


 So I wore my rain gear over my singlet to prevent me from getting soaked but 2kms into the run and I was already feeling warm. By the 3rd km, my very wet rain gear was already clinging to my skin and I was getting really hot so I took it off, wrapped it around my waist and just let the rain pour down on me. 

 At the starting line

It was my first time to run in the rain and it was fun. I finished 6mins behind my PR but it was okay. I had a great time and that's what really counts.

At the finish line, drenched from head to toe =)

My race results

No comments:

Post a Comment