Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 PSE Bull Run

My 3rd PSE Bull Run - 2003 or 2004 (can't remember anymore) - 5k, 2011 -5k and now 2011 - 16k *bow*.



Finished my 3rd 16k run but it was not by any means impressive, even by my standards (which means very low, hehe). Well, it was entirely my fault. That's what I get for failing to allot time for training. As early as the 11th km, my legs and my feet had started to cramp. I had to walk most of the way. Good thing the organizers did not use the McKinley Hill area or I might have crossed the finish line in a medic's van. My legs will surely not survive the hills of McKinley Hill.

Crossing the finish line

 16k Finishers

Anyway, in my previous post, I mentioned that this run was one that I shared with my dear Tatay because he celebrated his birthday today. He says he enjoyed the run. Happiness!

Me & my sister with our dear Tatay, the birthday boy =)

This run was also hubby's first run after several years. He got a free race kit from the office.

Me & hubby

Pushing aside my shortcomings resulting to a disappointing finish, the race was generally okay. Except for an  instance somewhere along the first 2kms of the 16k race when the marshalls tending the traffic gave us mixed signals on how to proceed as cars had started to pile up in the area. Other than that, the whole run went on smoothly.

The weather was cool. It was actually pretty cloudy and a few very short drizzles were encountered during the race but it never became a full-blown rain.

There were enough hydration stations and even a shower sprinkler. Was also able to get my first ever banana on a race route. From what I know, the bananas were really for 21k runners but I was getting really hungry and my legs were starting to cramp round that time so I helped myself to one banana. I was ready to return it had the marshalls told me so but they didn't so ate it.  

Loot bag consisted of a banana, an apple, a small can of Century Vienna Sausage, a finishers shirt, and the medal. Since I finished quite late, the finisher's shirt were in L and XL only. I guess, hubby has a new shirt =)

So there goes my first run for 2012. Looking forward to more runs this year!

1 comment:

  1. it was a good run. it was a good day. it was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete